Friday, November 4, 2016

England erodes while Robin Chuters draws.



Whoop whoop, I received mail from a new (to me) mail artist / artist! The postmark is 3rd of October, so Robin chuter probably thinks I am an terribly ungrateful recipient.  I am not.

When I opened this envelope, the first thing that went through my mind was that someone was sending us some family photos from the past. Patrick's family sold penny farthings and the woman on the penny farthing looks like my mother-in-law (well what she looked like some time ago). and the house has the feel of the family home in Stratford-upon-Avon.  On closer inspection, I realised that these were altered photos, meticulously altered original photos in pen and ink and it was just serendipity that Robin sent them to me.  She seems to be cycling on something of a yellow brick road.  It's magic!



Visit Robin's website to see more of his work: http://www.robinchuter.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment