Sunday, January 8, 2017

BARFA from Dawn


Every year for the past few years, in mid December, I re-visit the concept of BARFA. I guess it's secret santa with a twist. There is an allusion to Martha Stewart and I perhaps it questions what Christmas is all about.  I think that humour is a big part of BARFA.  But humour is a very personal thing and there's no telling if two people will 'get' the exhange in the intended way. It also comes at what always seems to be the most inopprtune time of the year when there REALLY is no time so even if you have an excellent idea the chances of executing it in the little window of time that you have is almost nil.  So you have to laugh, shrug your shoulders and get in the BARFA spirit. Dawn has done that! 

Beginning on the top left, I will work my way across and down telling you a little more about the detail of Dawn's varied BARFA goodies. As I went through them I noticed that Dawn has sent me lots of protective BARFA gear… a toxis innoculation, of sorts.

Drink up witches:
Paper and wood placard that might be displayed at a halloween event, or possibly to clear the bar for future DKult meet up events.
Joy:
A card wishing me well and hoping that I like the pressies.  I do.  They made me sniff and smile! Thank you!
Rudolf sterile adhesive bandages:
These come in two styles, one pink and one blue for boy and girl boo boos -possibly for potential paper cuts making BARFA gifts?
Earplugs:
(In festive red), to keep out bad BARFA sounds.
REFRESH your car:
(In frosted snow berry), that make my nose run when they are anywhere near me! With 'revolutionary odor eliminating technology' -  a must for Toxis smells.
Shout:
Wipe and go TEXTURED wipes… for those little stains you get during the barfa holiday season…
Puffs plus lotion - tissues:
I took them out of the package and they smell like a pine forest and have a sticky coating. Very barfa, but I like the plastic they come in!
Red and green mini wood clips:
Sparkly, and I suppose anything sparkly is BARFA to some.  
Shaggy white Christmas stocking:
I'm not a fan of white shag carpets, and this furry stocking conjures that up for me, but without a doubt by next Christmas it will be very BARFA because in our 500+ year old house there is a constant patina of dust and that stocking is going to go grey very quickly.
Keychain rattle:
that doesn't make a sound, in Vizma's favourite colour.
Spider clip:
in halloween purple and black, to scare away all but the most intrepid.
mud pac and exfoliator masque:
fabulous photos on packaging but I am trying these on my enemies! They are both cold to the touch and make outrageous claims like all skin types, black lava , dead sea… Will feel very BARFA on someone, not me!
glitter stickers and felt tassels 
will be used next year to make some beautifully barfa earrings or to 'dress our tree'.
Lawbike cupholder
trendy camouflage with embossed contact details for motorcycle accident injury attorney!

Thank you Dawn for an outrageous BARFA surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment