Friday, August 14, 2015

David Stafford's invitation to Toxis


I forgot, I did send something to David.  when I was in America, doling out the Maritime Mail Art catalogues, I sent one to David.  How could I mix Wendy up with David?  There handwriting isn't really that similar.

The view from the bridge over the Taos gorge (acccording to David)

David tells me he is happy to be included in the Maritime Mail Art catalogue.  He doesn't remember an 'entry'.  It gets confusing when you have a  mail art call… stuff comes.  It's unlabelled and you need to use your imagination to make it fit because whatever you might expected, they always send the unexpected.  Sometimes people send you stuff that they mean to be for the call and you don't figure it out.  Sometimes it goes the other way.

As you can see below, David's fisherman sweater certainly qualified for maritime mail art, so I included him. 

As far as big shot art curator types, they don't take me seriousy so David, you need to make OUR luck, I just can't do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment