Wednesday, July 15, 2020

News from the Cascadia Diorama: they aren't closing post offices… they are opening a new Central PO in Cascadia!



A few years ago when I was doing a mail art project in a school I called up the post office to see if I could take a backstage tour of a post office. I got a lukewarm reception and ultimately the person they forwarded me on to never called back and I gave up. Cascadia Artpost's Diorama diaries answer all my questions and shows me everything I need know. 
HOW DID HE LEARN SO MUCH ABOUT THIS? 
And I have that feeling I get everytime I get a Diorama Diary that deja moment of awe and wonder, where does the energy and drive to complete such a painstaking project come from? Wherever the font of that is, it is greatly appreciated and admired. 
This part of the diorama project will have resonance for all mail artists and I notice this one doesn't pull the political strings, apart from the mask wearers. For me, I miss the popular culture nods and lampooning the president but that's about my only regret On balance, it is a more serious additon to Cascadia, but that's obvious.  Mail, mail art, is serious, right?
I loved seeing Mail Art Martha and the people in general in this diorama… I don't go out much anymore. Read throug, linger at the detail and take a behind-the scenes look at the story of our letters.  

Gorgeous envelope with artist stamps and forever stamps. Thank you Cascadia!  










                                                     







No comments:

Post a Comment