Sunday, July 12, 2020

A Corona Beach Ball


Joel Cohen's stamp exploring civilisation is the perfect way in to a sticker dude mailing. But then again, so is mail art flees reality to gain reality, another stamp on this envelope. In these mad times Joel is doing what I do, making things in order to understand, forget and share.
I like a mail artist who helps me to understand his point of view andplace in the world we co-exist in. Joel's routine isn't far from my routine except I live in the country, have a big mad garden to tame and I am the designated grocery shopper in our family. I go to bed so tired there is no time to recognise how different life is.
Great to get the New Yorker - Sticker Dude clipping service!  I subscribe to the New Yorker (online) but miss so much. Let's hope the president doesn't manage to delete the post office before he is ousted. In the UK the mail got slower and then the post office got sued because a first class letter needs to arrive the following day and they weren't!



Amazing the way a piece of cut and torn paper can make me feel cut off, alone… what an alienating time this is. Great ATC 

On the morning of Mueller's opinion (FACT) piece in the Washington Post, after Stone's commutation, and now apparently Trump is trying to discredit Fauci, I can't help wonder what kind of a TWILIGHT Zone this is! sheez.
Thanks for the advice!  I have zoomed in lots of different contexts and so far I love the additional tool in my tool chest.  I can 'go' to pilates. 'take' a life drawing class and see my friends from other lives. when I was in the Peace Corps i was just cut off.  This is better, for me.






So many great ideas to think about in this mailing! Thak you Joel!






No comments:

Post a Comment