Friday, October 2, 2020

My awaited copy of Whistle arrived!

 


There are boekies and there are books. Whistle is a book and it cost DVS a lot of money to send me my copy.  I am delighted he did.  This collaboration between De Villo Sloan and Kristine Snodgrass is the story of how two parts become a whole.  They call it a 'journey' and as you travel through the book, you bear witness to the evolution of a collaborative voice - made of two distinct styles and a push and pull between the sexes.

I love the intro by DVS. Sometimes I need hand-holding in asemics and his intro gave me just enough. I could look for things but I could also co-construct meaning just by looking. Krissy's notes are also brilliant. I learned so much about these artists. For me, understanding them made me interact with their work all the more. You can learn more about `krissy here: Krissy's website   and see DVS' brilliant blog here: Asemic Front

You need to get your own copy of Whistle and you can do that here: Buy Whistle

It is beautiful, difficult, sexy and complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment