Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Remembrances of Elections Past





 Joel knows that I am on tenterhooks about the election IN ONE WEEK.  I am over-the-moon to be on his recipients' list for this mailing. It is a piece of history and we need to reflect on history to make change. Joel\s words resonate and the imagaery is a slice of the past.

I was in my third year at Stanford when Reagan was elected. I had a tv I bought at the salvation army that didn't have very good reception.  I remember feeling distressed, watching with friends. And IMHO this election is on a totally different level. Not only will I stay up all night this time...

I think artists have a duty to engage and Joel has done that with this mailing!  Thank you.

Pink Pussy Hat and Potus, 2020 protest stamp, Rebecca Guyver




No comments:

Post a Comment