Saturday, March 23, 2019

You don't know what you need until you have it. Subscription Opus

Once upon a time I was on Jude's mailing list, regularly. So I am delighted to be able to share this Subscription Opus! Jude has a phenomenal imagination and way of expressing it, with scores - that blows my mind. 

There's a place on the English coast, called Southwold where they have those mad pier exhibits with fantastical machines that do things you don't need.  Jude's egg machine is something like that, and the music for Virtually Free Range Chicken takes some of those words and things we associate with chickens and puts them to music or makes music from them.  

And there are lots of surprises. While I would think that the punch line (spoken as fast as possible) would support the use of free range chickens… I am reminded that they have a bigger footprint. Do you eat chicken chassé? I had a pen name of Galina Poole (back in the day)! Great good fun! Sadly the fox got all our chickens, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment