Thursday, July 19, 2018

Monkeys! This is nothing to laught about!

I have to admit reading up on Thomas Paine and James Polk in order to make more snese of the lineup of historical figures Sticker Dude draws my attention to. When I was a kid i memorised the presidents in order because my dad bribed me to do it.  a lotta good that did me…I didn't even remember that Polk was a president… Blamed for war with Mexico etc hesounds like something of a loose canon.  We know that Frankenstein was really a good egg, just didn't know his own strength and the victim of harassment and jealousy but he caused a lot of pain and destruction. The Fake President is definitely going down in history and I will wager he'll give Richard Nixon a run for his money on deviousness and chaos. and Paine was a French revolutionary (but also wrote some key documents) and comes from near me. Still they are all a bunch of reprobates and Monkeys, it's nothing to laugh about!

I spend my days in the studio, working.  But for the past few weeks since I discovered I could download news podcasts, I have stopped being an avid Radio Three follower (classical)  and instead can tell you blow by blow the latest debacle our governments are involved in. It's ruining my work and I miss the music. And that's not mentioning trips to London to speak my mind. It is not a fun house but it is pretty warped.



So much good stuff here in this envelope, take a careful look.  I explained in a recent email that I can't scan lots of photos or my computer crashes and one of these days it will not resurrect as I have been informed it's the hard drive and it's vintage so no can fix. so I have to scan everything together. Some of the images are thanks to Thomas Kerr.  I have made a note of your new address, Joel.  Mail art is on the horizon for me, so you should benefit soon. Thank you! Love the Ray Johnson postcard and the fluxus bucks too.

No comments:

Post a Comment