Monday, September 7, 2020

Amagamated confusion and rings of fire

The Ant Hunter

I got these postcards from Amagamated Confusion a little while ago. Who knew lockdown and unlocking could be so busy? When I look at the date, this was mailed on the 31st of July. The first wave of lightening strike fires had occurred but I suspect interpreting this in that light may be me conflating things retrospectively. Still, it creates a powerful metaphor, of accidental ramifications and the powerless we have in the face of mother nature. And then there is the simple aesthetic nature of the striking image! Little boys and magnifying glasses are a rite of passage.BEWARE!


I have included the backs of these cards so you can compare! I love the slick way Amalgamated Confusion makes his postcards, great graphics and so subtle!


Our Forest Home
This doomsday scenario may have been foreshadowing. Even a 07/08 postcard is a little premature for the ravages of the current fires.  Stay safe.  It is a fraught period! I can't tell if he's got a mask on but I love the juxtaposition of the smily face and the doom.  Those ghosts in the smoke at the window are ghoulish, hanging there POOOF.  I believe the ripped areas of both postcards are intentional, beautiful marks to enhance the composition and feel. Thanks AC.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment