Sunday, January 5, 2020

New Years' Doodle Therapy!

My holiday period began when i started trying to pull our house and the studio into shape for a visit from my mother, our kids, their partners and some family who visited from NYC. I learned a long time ago that for me, the best thing to do is to down (art) tools and let go to focus all my attention on family. Trying to fit time around all the stuff I do (lots of traditions) is frustrating and disappointing so I don't try. I guess it's been at lease four weeks, but as I recall, it was more like 2 1/2 weeks before the first people arrived that i had too many jobs to do to do anything else. 

And then I got the flu on boxing day.  It wasn't the worst flu, but it was the worst thing I've had in at least twentty years. 

Lucky Pierre's post arrived while I was still preparing for the upcoming holiday season. I only opened the envelope today,  Good thing, if I'd been asked to DO ANYTHING more I woold have balked but now, it sounds possible. 



What a fun idea, but I suspect I (and my collaborators) will find a way to break the rules!  Thank you, LP. I hope to stop being remiss immediately!

Check out that octopus! 





1 comment:

  1. Outstanding octopus.

    Hope you're feeling better - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete