Friday, January 31, 2020

Double-sided Mailart for easy Hangability

 So I have to admit to listening to the latest evidence dropping while typing. So when I look at David's mail art, the thing that leaps out at me is 'screw eyes cemented in brick'.  I watch a lot of crime stuff in box sets so yesterday as I walked to Trinity Buoy Wharf there is this big building site.  What went through my head was I wonder if there are any bodies buried there. Where are the bodies buried? And why can't we see the evidence? Clearly this guy in the parka doesn't want you to know.  Flip the double-sided-mailart and you someone trying not to bear witness . Holism at its best!
Clearly things have changed since the madmen style office leather sofa and the man calmly reading the paper.  OK so Nixon was up to his tricks back then, but there is no twitter and there was no Trump. And stop telling me if you have a trial you don't need witnesses. Remember there's this woman in England who is listening and watching and waiting to see how each of you acts.

1 comment:

  1. Brava Rebecca, I sent this card out the same day yours arrived. I'm not sure there's a name in the mail art world but let's call it "Instant Rebound" for now. In other news, Patti's sister sent me a copy of your book "Island Mail Art" which washed ashore at the Blue Hill Library sale.What a funny circle of being. And yes, I'm glad you're bearing witness to our sad decline. I think we can sum up my problem right now as living in a "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" world when it's really a "The Bad Sleep Well" sort of place. That's the difference between ideas incubated in PreWar Hollywood vs Postwar Japan. I guess we're in for a full dose of history in our twilight years.

    ReplyDelete