Thursday, May 16, 2019

Mail art out of context -

David Stafford sent me a boekie a little while ago and I enjoyed it and then scanned it and then I went to America and who knows what all these scans mean as a whole… I like that I get to pick the best option for me… 




...Anything remotely associated with 'domestic' is probably slightly inappropriate for me. I like to do domestic things but I will not march to anyone's domestic demands, unless they are demanded by my mother. Raking, cooking, dishes - only my mother gets those chores with a smile.













Although possibly/certainly out of order, David has sent me a great selection of imagery about women from, say, the time of Mad Men.  It's interesting to have grown up in that period, thinking it was 'normal' and to pass through and then to become a 'modern woman'. And I can agree with much I see here: the wonder, the glamour that domesticity conjured in that time... and the statement 'domestic mystery' describes it perfectly. Thank you David!

No comments:

Post a Comment