Thursday, October 18, 2018

VIP Real Estate

 It was nearly a week ago that I took on the Tate Modern with David (Stafford) and Patti.  This mailing arrived a few weeks before. On the eve of our visit I was blogging mail art from Carina and scanned a few pages of David's but simply ran out of time.  Luckily when I met up with David he absolved me from the task of scanning it all. 'Don't scan that stuff,' David said. 

The thing is it's interesting to me… and it puts our lovely little thatched refuge in the heart of Suffolk in context.  Granted the Suffolk images come from forty + years ago and the Bay area images are recent, but still.  Why is a mansion in the Silicon Valley (an earthquake zone) so much more valuable than a 15c thatched cottage in mid Suffolk? This is fodder for mail art and when I get a chance I will use them. 

My visit with David and Patti was fab.  Although we walked through plenty of art, we talked more than we looked and we didn't make a single piece of mail art... but I think a good time was had by all and Figgy met them too!






No comments:

Post a Comment