Thursday, September 20, 2018

Is this REALLY Mail Art without commercial value?

Cascadia Artpost has sent me a plethora of ticket stamps.  I sent him a little packet of tickets which I tracked down in my boxes of stuff I've saved for who knows why and HE SENT ME ALL OF THIS. Look at the colours, the slogans.  It is ephemera at its best and it's in the form of postage stamps! I don't know if they are gummed; they feel a little like they are, but I could never dare to use one.  Luckily I file all my mail art. That reminds me… I need to organise a mail art exhibtion to share some of the great stuff I have got in the last year or two. 

Cascadia sent me a note.  I think this is my first note from Cascadia… I never really know whether to publish notes so I will paraphrase bits.  The stamps are part of 'Ticket! Ticket!' one of his new projects. I ot all six sets he has made to date! Apparently what I sent will be part of the 2019 collection. 






 If you follow my blog you will already know that Cascadia Artpost sent me seeds earlier in the year and I planted them in an uncovential way for wildflower seeds: in six big pots next to each other.  I have to say that they make a beautiful wild flower garden next to the side of my house.  The rudbeckia are dominant (probably because I chose the strongest seedlings to translpant) but I still love them.

Cascadia sent me some photos of his garden. Gardening mail artists! apparently it has been hot in Cascadia too but we both seem to coped. Cascadia and I swapped watering secrets and he has an abundance of tomatoes. I have some that seeded themselves in the middle of my carrots and they are actually producing ripe tomatoes now.

If you follow Cascadia's mail art, you will know that he builds things, teeny tiny things. Below is  the intersection of politics, model making, social comentary and dada. I love it  Cascadia!


 See below Cascadia's tribute to mail art from dogfish/ Tui Tui (Robert Rudine) and more






Such a generous mailing and sorry it took me so long to post.  I will treasure it!




No comments:

Post a Comment