Monday, November 2, 2020

Three things from Ted Trader

Sometimes I am so behind and my correspondents are prolific and I find I have a number of mailart by the same person.  I hope it isn't construed as lazy, but I have put three of Ted's pieces of mail art (with multiple inserts) on this blog. I am delighted by each!



How did Ted Trager know that a hole would open up and a man would fall into it and there would be RATS. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/29/new-york-city-sinkhole-rats-man-falls

Or is it 'Rats!', 'shoot!', 'darn'?

or is it about some mobster? HHHMMM.



I did and you can too! Shooby




It's always tricky to interpret mail art from someone you don't know very well and although Ted has sent me one other mailing, perhaps I'm not qualified to explain his Mail art, entirely (who can, ever? Should we?  

I can say I like the marks and the eerie feeling.  (This arrived before Halloween.)  Below I see costumes and I get a feeling of Japan, too. It's quite beautiful, but also unsettling. And then there's Covid.



Second mailing below:


This altered postcard, scraped to create flames, reminds me of fire, the fires, but also a spirit appearing in bright California. What prescient knowledge does she want to impart? 

Below is the third mailing.This one is not an altered postcard but a man in an altered state. Here in the UK, It is the night before the US elections. I listened to Chuck Todd and he said '20, 20, 20, 4, hours to go I wanna be sedated'.  He had an ear worm. Ted's man looks the way I feel. Sedation might be good.



I will blind draw the bison. Fun!
So the boys are on the bus, although there aren't any buses any more.  The candidates fly from place to place and there is a woman on the team too! I hope they take care of the crossing animals and drive safely, and steer clear of the caravans. 
And what I particularly like about this VISPO, beyond the abstract feel of it, is the hint of the honesty and  hidden secrets, teasing us to sort through. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment