Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Stamps and Seeds and news from Cascadia

Cascadia Artpost has sent me some more gorgeous stamps … he is making a new series! His remarks in his note to me that these tickets and ephemera 'strike me as little bits reminding of a previous worlds now lost.'  When I opened this mail (a few weeks after I received it… I AM SLOW at the moment), I rushed over to my box of stuff and sifted through it culling those momentos from pre-covid life.  Yes, I will be sending you some stuff, Cascadia. 

I am still enjoying the seeds I planted two years ago from Cascadia. I have six large pots along the side of the house and they are chocka with blooms. My job tomorrow is to find a way to do these exciting seeds justice. In England some of the flowers have even gone through the winter! As I walk past the house the smell of the sweet william is intoxicating. the way to this woman's hearty is through wonderful mail art, pastels, pigments, and plants.

It was interesting to hear about how life in Olympia was getting on in lockdown and as it eases up and Cascadia's attitude towards the virus. We seem pretty much in sync. Th UK reached 50,000 deaths today. The news, of course, has shifted to other political issues and like most, I have spent the day with a heavy heart... so spending time looking carefully at Cascadia's stamps and his beautiful, energetic envelope is the perfect way to forget. to those of you who have been out making your voice heard.  Thank you. 

Huge thanks to Cascadia for all this great stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment