Monday, June 1, 2020

How did you spend your time in lockdown?

I have an adorable mother, an adorable 86 year old mother.  Normally, when we aren't in lockdown, she spends her Florida days visiting charity shops, taking clothes apart and repurposing them into exquisite colourful clothing. She does lots of other creative things too… but it turns out my mother couldn't do most of the things that she normally does when the world went 'inside out and sauerkraut' with Covid 19. Instead she painted, abutting colour, making marks and delighting herself and her viewers in the process!

I attach a few of the eighteen watercolours/palettes so you can get the flavour of  a little book of COLOR AMUSEMENTS IN THE TIME OF A PANDEMIC Each one is a little color story of its own! WOW.




a bespoke card which I also received with SEEDS for my garden!
Mail art from mom! whoopee!

2 comments:

  1. Your mother sounds like a wonderful creative as well as a positive person, one who isn't going to let the goings on around her get her down. She's the kind of woman I would like to know. Her art is so pretty with all the lovely colors, and her paintings bring cheer just to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you comments: here and on FB. My mum is great!

    ReplyDelete