Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Important the trees arrived! Richard sent mail art greetings!




Fabulous to finally open this beautiful linotype on vegetal paper from Richard Baudet! The linocut hasn't scanned so well in that the trees are raised and seem to be marching out of the page in the real version. I love their texture and the 'snow' on the envelope is also raised. I feel as if I arrived in a winter wonderland.  Sadly just wind and rain here today, though.  

Every day I plan to knuckle down and finish some of the mail art projects I began and had to abandon because life got in the way, but if you could see my studio right now you might just understand… Rest assured that I have a little list of all the people who sent me lovely things and I will reply soon.

Many thanks Richard!

No comments:

Post a Comment