Sunday, July 17, 2022

vergangenen tagen - bygone days

It's so interesting when a photo or a smell evoke something from childhood.  The word Leica has a history for me and this image of the child in the straw hat makes me think of the coppertone suntan lotion ad. It's the yellow, I think.

Herman is a master at evoking the past and that malachite green on the left of the collage is 'Herman green' in my mind. It always feels like I am coming home when I get mail art from Herman!

                                                     

One of the things I equate with the olden days is cinched waist skirts.  I wanted on,e but instead of an hourglass figure, I was shaped like a boy and drawing attention to the bit that didn't do what a woman's body was supposed to do would have been silly. I  learned to sew ad sewed some things that looked goodon the pattern but on me fell flat...







It is cherry season in the UK. In fact I baked a cherry pie this weekend. Now they evoke Ukraine for me, though. This is the sleeve in which all that follows is nested.

This ledger page is folded like a book. 

We went to Normandy for our son's 30th BD so this is not only exciting for the beautiful drawings exploring the dysmorphia some of us feel and doodle about but also becaue of the handwritings, the collged images and the FRENCH. The date is also fascinating.


















And Herman's fabulous notebook drawings and photos from the past make this a VERY beautiful and generous mailing. Bygone days celebrated! Thank you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment