Friday, July 26, 2019

Word from another era



The first rule of mail art is that you need to keep track of everything.  I have this amazing ledger but it hasn't been cracked open in… I pile up the work I recieve by my computer and pile up the work I blog in another pile and eventually I move it upstairs to my filing box and eventually I file it all by mail artist in a series of boxes. It shouldn't be this way but I am just always chasing my tail. 

The trouble is when I get something from a long time ago and can't remember the detail of it… (this was part of a project that I began where I scanned some other mail artists and people added to them and sent them back to me for me to make bookies with them. This began with Herman Kamphuis' wonderful drawing and collage.) I can't remember what I was thinking. Do I know who added to this? It looks like Pone to me but I could be absolutely wrong.  Let me know if you know.  Perhaps I will take up the thread of Dkult Doodle Therapy again. For the moment I will just try and catch up on my blogging!

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I missed Rule #1. I do have tiny note books with out-going mail, to whom I sent it, by date going back a long way but not connected to an image. Just who I sent to. And I rarely refer to them. & I’m sure I missed some. I’m just not so organized. I donated two boxes of in-coming mail art to a university library. I never dieted by artist. I have two more boxes and a stack of mail piled up on my studio table. I’ll never be caught up. So it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know that I’m not the only one who never catches up! I wish I still had that stamp you gifted to me and I passed on to another 365 mail artist. I’m sure it would help!

      Delete
  2. Speaking of 'another era', this piece has me reminiscing about the comical figures drawn by David Cole and the abstract drawing and collages made by John Evans, both mail artists long gone from this world before this piece was ever made. It's really a beautiful composition, and most certainly PONE related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, just noticed a typo in my response. Not diet! ha ha ha I think it's supposed to be that I never put in any order by artist. whatever.

    ReplyDelete