Saturday, January 14, 2023

The Collage is the Main Course

Jon sent me two beautiful collages as well as what I think of as 'freebies' in mail art. Sticker Dude is the master of 'freebies', but Jon also stuffs a mean envelope. The Collage, is the 'main course' though.  Often I have received tape transfers from Jon, these collages are equally strong and effective.


Jon has an American enthusiasm that I know and appreciate, too.






Thanks Jon. 

As a side note, you know I archive everything, but sometimes mail art becomes an inspiration for something else. The painting that took inspiration from another piece you sent me is hanging on my studio wall.  `i was sure it was going to be selected by the Royal Society of British Painters. They chose a different oneof mine, though.  I will need to submit it to something else and if it gets accepted your mail art will live on in another kind of nonor or infamy.  Thanks!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment