Saturday, January 7, 2023

Fluxus High School

Tofu's has an inimitable collage style and his concepts always bring me delight.  I am thrilled to have receieved some pieces from this new series even though I am a pathetic correspondent these days. 

I love the idea of Fluxus High School. It speaks of the self-conciousness we shared. I hated opening the Stanford Froshbook all those years ago to find I hadn't dressed and didn't look like any of the other people in my freshman dorm, in most of the class of 82.  I was from NY and there were alot of Californians and I had definitely missed the memo that LL Bean flannel shirts, no make up and long dark hair were not a good look for a young woman. I didn't get a single invite to a fraternity party, not that that mattered, but I wonder what they made of me. Tofu's collages, in this case, evoke that and I marvel at how he has created so many characters that you look at and 'read' as this kind of person or that...

I am a sucker for an envelope that is semi transparent and the scale is perfect. The stamps and collages fit neatly inside.






Thanks Tofu, I will try harder.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment