Sunday, January 17, 2021

unnofficial, unlicensed, un autherized pineapple mail art

The Artist in Seine, if you aren't familiar with his work, sends 'unclothed' oddly shaped, repurposed objects through the postal system, as mail art. In the past when I was exchanging with him regularly, I found myself curious about what would get through the postal system because it was as if I had this little voice telling me, Do it! Dean would do it. I was always looking for things that could work as mail art. Once I made a booby body that I sent to Vizma.  It was very large and slightly embarrassing for the postal staff in Australia.

So, getting this pinepple from Dean is absolutely perfect and I have begun looking at objects differently, again.



I like it this way too. It seems to have a face. It becomes a totem figure or a silly bird. but I wonder if the hand is voting.  Which state is that?

 I scanned Dean's mail onto black so I'm not sure if it does the barcodes through the haptic holes any justice. They are coloured too. This all makes me long for a plane ride, to gather up some mardi gras beads and to drink a pina colada. Thank you Dean. Send me a message on IUOMA if you've moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment