Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Locked down in Sicily!



It's so exciting to be on David's Christmas list! I am terribly sorry to hear that he has been 'trapped' in Sicily since lockdown. But this armchair sleuth notices a few inconsistencies. When we lived  in Rome we discovered that you can only buy hiking boots in season and there are no footpaths. I find it difficult to imagine they could scale that balancing rock without appropriate footwear.

But I am happy to hear that they have found gainful employment… the thing is you need a work visa to work in Italy and there is an enormous bureacracy to get the papers.  I wonder how they got around all of that? In two years I never could.

Happy New Year, Patti and David! Wherever you are, I hope you are plugged into the news.  This world is insane! This is a great card , hearkening back to the grand tour and burlesque beach.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment