Tuesday, April 14, 2020

' A man with one foot in his mouth, and the other… in the Twilight Zone.'

Mail art in the time of Covid 19 is different. Do I wipe the envelope with bleach or do I live dangerously. New York, Italy, Washington - hotspots of wonderful mail artists!  

In a later mailing Sticker Dude tells me he is well (so far) so I breathe a little easier. It truly is a twilight zone and as I stream my favourite news channel,  the speaker refers to our president as a 'buffoon'.

I think this must be one of Joel's last mailings from Ragged Edge Press which is now in lockdown. IN lockdown he has to cut everything himself and has time to make mail art, so I expecially appreciate these two hand made ATCs were made when he didn't have time and he could use his machines! Joel can say lots with a three piece collage. Are we sceptical about federalism?
I spy a limited edition sticker!

 What if the stars were such strong magnets that they attracted all the metal?  aAmost as crazy an idea as the Coronavirus going 'poof' one day and disappearing.
 Sheepishness? You can't tell a brain from a head shape? Great repetition of expression and composition!


Even though New York is in trouble, this mailing makes me homesick for NYC. New York Studio School! Thank you Joel!

No comments:

Post a Comment