Monday, April 20, 2020

Clinks of Ribbon, Poetry from David Stone

I made some stamps for Brain Cell a few months ago. I was back at being a mail artist. I sent mail and received a little more than usual, again.  And then Covid 19 arrived and everything was upended. I mean to make mail art, regularly, but I am sharing my studio and there are suddenly more chores.  Even to blog has to be fitted in.  This arrived from David at the beginning of August. I washed my hands when it arrived.  I tell you it is a different time! 

So tonight as I sat down to blog, I opened David's mail. I wish I could tell you that I have a luxurious routine for taking time with mail art but I am just in front of my computer, adjacent to my scanner.  Our daughter has my good-for-your-back chair. This one comes from a car boot sale… (will I ever go to a carboot sale again)? so I am not even comfortable.  

David's poetry was a complete surprise. I read it aloud,  The words. As I read my mind saw pictures.  The sound of the words. The shape of the words. The curiosity of the words. I will read them again, and again.  I hope you will too.  They are beautiful.

Thank you David! I will reply, eventually.













No comments:

Post a Comment