Tuesday, July 27, 2021

The Storyteller Spreads the Wealth


Very cool stuff arrived for the Guyver archive from the Sticker Dude. It includes an add and pass with language practice. I used to live in Soestdijk, in the Netherlands, 'Ik spreck het Nederlands' is a good sentence to practice, especially since no one in the UK is getting off the island, these days!




What Robert Hunter says about storytelling is quite like mail art. In fact, I might think of a mail artist as sending fragments of stories that I reconstruct.  Things aren't spelled out, always, and so much is left to the imagination. and of course, I wait for my favourite mail artists to tell me more!



There is also a wonderful Bonzine for the archives from Bonniediva. BonnieDiva is certainly a storyteller. I learned a lot about 'small time celebs'.















Meanwhile, as Rachel says, 'on Earth one' I listened to the December 6th, Capital riot testimony while I took drawings out of frames, refinished them and put newly matted paintings into the old frames, ready for an exhibition I am installing on Sunday.  Joel's memory of the former guy ' it will be the most fantastic impeachment ever', seems apt, especially today. 

Brilliant.  Thanks Sticker Dude! 

BTW, if you have sent me something in the past month or two, I have a big pile of blogging mail art that I am slowly working through. THANK you. Come back to the blog and you will see yourself in lights, soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment