Thursday, July 29, 2021

Cascadia is no fool!


I opened this mail from Cascadia this morning. I have a little basket where I keep my unread/unblogged mail art and another with blogged mail art and once it's recorded I put it somewhere else until I bring my archive to the studio (at least 8 boxes now of hanging files) to file everything.  

I was confused & surprised to find this piece was celebrating April Fools Day.  That was a long, long time ago. For example, I am picking tomatoes and Cascadia writes about broadcasting wildflower seeds.  I am out-of-sync. 

I have no idea how this happened, whether I put it somewhere, found it later, or whether it really arrived so late. Sorry. I guess it's been a busy summer.

The stamps are fantastic, aren't they? I have it on good authority that Jack scoured the internet and graphic arts services which he subscribes to, for images of fools and jesters to be turned into stamps.

Below is Cascadia's translation (for Anna Banana) about, among other things Mr Peanut   Wow, who knew the master of dioramas, artistamps and seeds is also a german translator! The piece comes from a Berlin Newspaper for her 2020 exhibition at a Berlin Gallery.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment