Wednesday, July 28, 2021

No Nixies in England


I think this irregular mailing is made from a bit of a book.  It's TRASHPO! Another person who used to send me pieces of books is the Artist in Seine.  His stuff was absolutely audacious.  I once sent Vizma a life sized postcard of the top half of a topless woman.  I think Artist in Seine has taken a mail art holiday.  I know I owe him some mailart, maybe he's given up on me!

I owe James and Kevin mailart, too. I have a box with all the mailart I have blogged; I haven't even managed to write it all down in the Ledger.  I always have such good intentions… It's always a pain to do it later too.

If you follow this blog you will know that I challenged James to send me some irregular mailart when (and if) I go to Maine this year. You'll be happy to know that James' experiment (sending something that might become a nixie in America - due to it's size and shape arrived. -  (Nixie (postal) ... A Nixie is a name given by the United States Postal Service to a piece of mail which is undeliverable as addressed. It is derived from "nix").  I guess it couldn't go through a machine, though, as the stamp is hand cancelled, again.

Thanks James.  It's a gorgeous piece!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment