Sunday, February 28, 2021

Robin Chuter's exhuberant way of seeing!



Robin Chuter has sent me drawn-on photos before and they were beautiful, lyrical little pieces.  I have visited his website before Robin's website and admired his album covers, so it was exciting and delightful to receive two paintings, (one on paper and then framed and another on canvas) as well as a deck of cards from Robin in this correspondence. 

My husband tells me that this is the Argentinian rugby team but I'm not sure that matters. It is Robin's response that enhances the madness and fun of the scrum. 

I like the way Robin plays with scale here and the the charming otherwordliness that is adorable rather than frightening. Robin describes his work as, 'characterised by merging highly vibrant warm colours with what can be seen as bordering caricature and line art using Indian ink… ' He paints on everything!




Seeing Robin's work 3D and then 2D and then a useful object is absolutely perfect.
Thank you Robin. I like your mind!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment