Friday, February 12, 2021

Get Ready for Banana Day (Timetable)

 

I try to blog my mail art, in order of receipt. Sometimes I have to jump something to the front of the queue.  This time, Cascadia Artpost gets bumped up because I would hate for you to miss any opportunity to celebrate bananas…and with Cascadia's timetable for the upcoming celebrations you will be ready.

If you aren't ofay with banana day, you can find out more at IUOMA where there are various banana groups IUOMA Bananas where I have exchanged with other banana fans in the past.  Of course, it all began with Anna Banana, so she always gets one of whatever we make. Anna Banana

Cascadia Artpost sends me mail art regularly and one of his many projects is his Ticket Ticket ! project.  I (and many others) have sent Cascadia Artpost tickets and memorabilia and he has transformed them into large sets of gummed, perforated postage stamps.  He sends participants copies of the Ticket Ticket stamps. Because I archive all the mail art I receive, I get two sets sometimes.  I archive one and I use the other on the mail art I send too.  

Cascadia's generosity (stamps, seeds, coffee clutch, documentaion from dioramas, mail art meet-ups etc) is amazing so last spring I worked out how to use his stamps to make cloth that could become a mask for him. I coated cotton with inkjet bubbleset, scanned his stamps, printed them onto the cotton and made a mask with the fabric.  In the image of Jack with the banana on his head, Jack is wearing the mask! I am honoured! Long live World Banana Day!


Feel free to print the handy Banana Directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment