Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sinclair Scripa's Culture of Flux



I am not familiar with Sinclair Scripa's process but the haptic quality is what hit me first. You want to feel this mail art. But then again, it is so graphic. It's curious and strong - so individual. I don't know what Sinclair Scrippa or Tara Verheide looks like but I can imagine a magical workspace.  It would have to be to produce this kind of work!

I love the way the marks are made, the variety of papers, the way some pieces feel scrappy and others feel loved and laboured.  The hand colouring takes me back to the 80s but there is nothing tired about this work. 



I am in love with the minature figures… they evoke the Mary Shelley in me and make me want to get my surf board out to dance and contort on the waves.
PS there is a hologram in the sky on the first stamp with a face. HOW was that done?



and then there is the textual stuff that demonstrates Sinclair Scripa's ease working across disciplines.

Yum yum.  Thank you.  I'm inspired!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment