Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Everything has a purpose

Pelican postcard 2021 GO Mail Art
Gerda Osteneck and I exchanged years ago when I was active at IUOMA. It's great to see her again in the post. Sticker Dude sent Gerda some of my stuff, I think.  Sticker dude has sent me some of Gerda's mail art for the Guyver archive. 

Gerda plays with photos in this mailing.  She has hand-coloured (in photoshop) the pelicans above. In the chicken below, Gerda has scratched into her photo to enhance the chicken's tail to make it haptic and jauntier. 
 Tail Feather postcard 2021 GO Mail Art

List  postcard 2021 GO Mail Art
Do you ever see discarded list on the ground in the supermarket. I have and I would collect them and send them to our trashpo queen, DK. These days I look longingly at lists but trashpo just isn't the same in the time of Covid. It's great to see Gerda's beautiful trashpo list collage.



Everything has a purpose  postcard 2021 by G Osteneek
And this piece feels related to the list. the colour, the movement the use of scraps to make a coherant whole.
Swan atamps with personal message on back!

Thanks Gerda! Hopefully I will send you something (directly) soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment