Saturday, April 24, 2021

Belated April Fool's greetings


I guess Cascadia knew that this wouldn't arrive in time for April Fool's day, and for once it wasn't De Joy's tactical dismantling of the postal system that was to blame.  It was posting on the day of the event! But I'm not complaining.  My incoming mail sits by my computer for at least a few days before I settle down to blog it, bt this time it wasn't me that misses the deadline.

Look at that April Fool's Day stamp, I particularly love it. It's also good to be reminded that around the world we have our traditions and some of them are similar, if called different things.  In our house we do ' a pinch and a punch for the first of the month' on the first day of every month.  It is not a friendly activity, pinching and punching.  In our house it is very competitive, although gentle.

One Christmas, when I was a kid, we got stilts.  We lived on the fourteenth floor of a NYC apt and practiced constantly.  I'll bet our neighbours loved us.

Meanwhile, I am having trials at the post office, these days. There are all kinds of new rules for posting things (since Brexit) I have had many things returned. I have a new sticker - ' I am a mail artist.  this is personal correspondence. There is nothing of value inside!'

Thanks Cascadia.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment