Monday, December 6, 2021

Another little known fact about snails

Back in my heyday at IUOMA I was writing to Martha a lot more often than these days.  Receiving her mail art makes realise what I've been missing! Martha's mail art spans media, is interested in different things, is quirky and original and I am delighted to have some of it in my collection.  

I love the vision of Martha exiling the snail to the outskirts of her garden and carrying out a test too.  When we lived in Singapore we had turtles. When we left we didn't know what to do with the turtles so we did what we later found out many people in Singapore do, we took them to the Botanic Gardens and released them in the pond/lake.  Like Martha we painted a nailpolish dot on each of their backs.  Hudson and Figgy were young and we waved goodbye to Sam and Sarah, but, unlike Martha, we never saw their dotty backs again.

Happy Nocember, Martha.  You should hear back from me in these months! And thank you for the mail art!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment