Monday, August 17, 2020

Eye Spy Topsy Turvy Things

Great to receive this from Carmen quite a while ago.  I had a stack of mail to blog and lots going on.  Then my touch pad started flashing and it was week long trip to the apple store.  So, finally back and now can thank Carmen properly for this exciting mail.  

What I notice first is the magical feeling of Carmen's work.  It suggests a place at the edge of memory and yearning. It is a world populated by things we understand but somehow they aren't doing exactly what we imagine they should be doing.  I guess this coul be a nod to the 'topsy turvy' nature of the world right now.  I love Carmen's aesthetic and her fantastic stamps! I file everything I receive but I might have to photcopy the stamps to use a copy on some mail I promise to send out soon!







If you want to know more about Carmen you can visit her blog Carmen's art website

No comments:

Post a Comment