Thursday, February 13, 2020

ON CAPS 2020 EB07203265

I haven't corresponded with Aristide 3108 in a long time.  I have been a lapsed mail artist but when I finally made a series, he was on my list.  I was astounded that I got a reply quickly and as ever, with Aristide, it is a haptic, curious mailing that I feel I should be able to pin down but that floats mysteriously in that space where mail art that suggests without telling floats. At least for me.
What I think when I see these grub-like shapes (before I get close and realise it is a human figure, or it is many human figures, tightly packed but randomly)  is how interesting they are... but also how creepy they feel.  Once I know they are human, I feel like a speck of dust.
 Below, can you see the embedded body?
 Are you the queen bee in the cell, hibernating, ready to emerge when the weather perks up?


No comments:

Post a Comment